Fireworks can be very alarming after experiencing a traumatic event. Here are some ways to manage after hearing these loud noises at night:
- Deep breathing
- Grounding activities
- Smelling your favorite smell
- Picturing yourself in a relaxing place
- Drink ice water or hot tea to bring you back to the present moment
- Reminding yourself that you are safe in this moment
- Sleep with Ear Plugs
- Turn on fans and noise machines. Anything to block the sound.
- Watch your favorite movie loudly
- Listen to soothing music with headphones
- Leave a tv or radio playing loudly so you’re less likely to hear them.
If you are in crisis, call our 24/7 Crisis Line at 1-844-493-TALK or text TALK to 38255